- Did you finish reading all the books on your fall reading list? If not, why not? I met my goal but switched my books around - so I'm not sure whether I would say I read my fall reading list or not :)
- Did you stick to your original goals or did you change your list as you went along? I changed my list as I went along - once I would like to try and keep to my list, but I haven't been able to do it yet.
- What was your favorite book that you read this fall? Least favorite? Why? The Magic Warble by Victoria Simcox was my favorite, because it was a wonderful fantasy story with great meaning behind it and it was highly entertaining. I can't wait for my husband and my boys to read it. I didn't have one that I disliked enough to classify it as my least favorite. There are some that didn't get as high a review rating, but I didn't really dislike them.
- Did you discover a new author or genre this fall? Did you love them? Not love them? Lots of great new authors - Victoria Simcox, J.P. O'Donnell, and Melissa Senate to name a few. Again there were none I disliked - I would try them all again.
- Did you learn something new because of Fall Into Reading 2009 – something about reading, about yourself, or about a topic you read about? Not really - I was better at keeping up with my reviews though.
- What was your favorite thing about the challenge? Keeping track and seeing all the books I have read. I look forward to trying harder next spring/fall to follow my list that I set forth to begin with.
Monday, December 21, 2009
Come post weekly and see what others are reading too just so you can add to your tbr - I always do! For more information see J.Kaye's Book Blog and join in!
Books Completed Last Week:
- Southern Lights by Danielle Steel (library)
- Wisdom Hunter by Randall Arthur (review)
- The Sherriff's Surrender by Susan Page Davis (review)
- Highlander Christmas by Janet Chapman (review)
- Once a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough (review)
- Permission Slips by Sherri Shepherd (audiobook - review)
- The Dark Divine by Bree Despain (review)
- Yellow Moon by Jewell Parker Rhodes (review)
Reviews Completed Last Week
- A Precious Jewel by Mary Balogh (3.75/5.0)
- Southern Lights by Danielle Steel (4.0/5.0)
- Wisdom Hunter by Randall Arthur (4.25/5.0)
- The Sheriff's Surrender by Susan Page Davis (5.0/5.0)
- Highlander Christmas by Janet Chapman (4.0/5.0)
- Devil's Cub by Georgette Heyer
- Essie in Progress by Marjorie Presten
- The Possibility of Everything by Hope Edelman
- Kissing Games of the World by Sandi Kahn Shelton
- The Silent Gift by Michael Landon and Cindy Kelley
- Revelations by Melissa de la Cruz
- Tempted by P.C. and Kristin Cast
- 13 1/2 by Nevada Barr
- Sole Survivor by Dean Koontz
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- Only In Your Dreams by Cecily von Ziegesar
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I started the week ahead of the game review-wise and finished up behind. But that's okay I had a busy and good reading week. I now have the next two weeks to play catch up on some reviews I missed while I had surgery and the immediate recovery time. I have a few scheduled reviews, but not too many. I plan on enjoying time at home with my kids and husband and enjoying Christmas. I also plan to try and get a head start on my January schedule. I also have a stack of library books to enjoy, so I have plenty to read over the next week.