Wow, there honestly couldn't be a challenge more tailored to my needs than this one. Chapter Break and Second Run Reviews are hosting the Show Your Shelves Some Love/No Book Buying Challenge. And while this seems harsh, this is what I really need to do. Make sure you check out the guidelines below and then head to the blog(s) listed above to sign up for the email list (step 2) and link up.
- Abstain from spending money on books for one calendar year (or follow a monthly book budget).
- Gift cards OK, audible account OK, but no buying extra credits (Rose!!!)
- Encourage other challenge participants via comments, social media and emails.
- Participate in the monthly posts. (The link up post will go live on the first of each month and be open for 30 days.)
- Library books do not count for this challenge. This challenge is mainly for books you already own.
- Netgalley books can count for this because you have the book, so read it!
No Book Buying Challenge Step 1: Select your goal
Yellow Belt —-> 1-10 books: shake hands with your shelves
Blue Belt —->11-20 books: pat your shelves on the back
Green Belt —->21-30 books: give your shelves a warm friendly hug
Purple Belt —->31-40 books: regular date night with your shelves
Brown Belt —-> 41-50 books: my shelves are now my bff
Black Belt —->51+ books: my shelves and I are going steady
I'm going for the Green Belt with aspirations to go higher. I will also adhere to a monthly book buying budget, because there will always be a new ebook out there I want and they don't clutter anything but my iPad so I don't mind those as much. My monthly budget will be $20 (hopefully less most months).